Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bread on the run

Date:16th April' 2010 Weston, Florida


Yesterday while having a chit-chat with my brother over phone, he asked "What are you up to? Join some course otherwise you gonna forget everything you studied". Oh my God ! these type of discussions make me sad.

Hey wait wait wait !! Did i tell you about myself? No? You must be kidding. Well, here I am. A girl who studied computers, having experience of 2 yrs in the field of computers, got married just 4 months back, left India as my husband works here in Florida. And what I do now a days? Well this is an interesting question, which i answer like this - "come on i cook yar". And what I cook? The same daal (pulses), roti (bread), sabji (vegetables)? Hummm... YES, NO... NO, YES... you got it?

I am trying my hand on new dishes like today I made or rather I say un-covered my first dish, which I happliy named "Bread on the run", got picture of it and soon i am going to paste it on my orkut account .

You know what? Most of the things that I do for example, parasailing, rafting and blah blah, it's just for the sake of orkut. After all, I can paste picture of things and make my close friends jealous. Ha Ha Ha, otherwise these adventure things are not my cup of tea. Anyway, that's a different story.

It's been just three months here in Florida, on dependent visa, so not working. What I do everyday is just sleep, eat, read , sleep, lots of movies and ya of course I cook. Actually it's not just, but almost just. Everyone asks, "How do you pass your time?", and my father and brother who are really concerned about my career always give me this thoughtful magical sentences "What you gonna do in life?" I always get tensed hearing all these things and like always I go to my husband (who is the sweetest person on this earth) and ask him the same question, "What am I doing? What should I do?" Then he makes a fun of me and then we talk for at least 2 hours discussing my career prospectives. Well, this career discussions happens two times a month. And fun part is everytime, we discuss this, next day, I start with a new thing.

The first time, I discussed my career with my husband, I said hey I want to be a photographer (influenced by "Wake up Sid"). He said alright and bought me a camera. But I must tell you the camera got more pictures of mine than anything else. Actually I understood that I love getting clicked, so I thought of modelling but I am too old for that...

The second career option, I discussed with my husband was "Painter/cartoonist". So he bought colors and charts and sheets, and some art books from library. I made three cartoons (just faces), and a chart which is still not completed. Well, it seems hihgly unlikely that I'll touch the colors and brushes again in near future.

Then I was just thinking of becoming dancer (thanks to "Dance India dance" and the movie "Take the lead"). But now that thought is also vaporized with my new interest, "Un-covering the art of cooking in my own style". Yes, I will be a cook. No matter what if I watched "Julie and julia" last night, and you know what I just had un-covered my first dish and I am gonna name it "Bread on the run". Well, I told you this already, but just though of reminding you about my achievement. Yum, Yum. Now then, what next?

Well, its enough for today folks; have to cook dal chaval (rice) for lunch. Meet you very soon and write here as soon as I un-cover something else.


Born Appetite.



No comments: